Computer Networking's questions - Russian iziqna

My current broadband has a download speed of 0.6mbps which is too slow for me do do just about anything on it I've found a good fibre broadband deal which has an average download speed for my property of 40mpbs, however this is if I use an ethernet cable Is it likely that by switching to this fibre broadband... show more

Best answer: Wondering why you think that would make a difference? A connection is a connection... from you to server or from you to VPN to server, the server only sees the one connection. Going direct or through a VPN makes no difference at all to the server.

How to use wifi under timer?

7 answers · 6 days ago
So my wifi basically has a schedule and turns off at 12. Is there anyway to still use it after it's off?

Best answer: Turn off the xbox and kick nephew outside while you enjoy internet. Or, true evil way, buy new router, give him the slow access and you keep the fast one (2 band wifi) and he can be on all day/night and still can't get faster internet than you, buahahaha.

No, I don’t want to EXTEND the WiFi to the garage, I want the connection set up in the garage. Is there any way to do this?

Like if I used one of those apps for phones which changes my IP address would my activity still show up on my ISP and provide my real IP address?

Can Bluetooth slow down WiFi?

4 answers · 2 weeks ago

I have two phones that are still picking up my Wi-Fi, but my laptop-- which was picking up my Wi-Fi till several days ago-- suddenly stopped picking up Wi-Fi. I've checked everything I can check, but the Wi-Fi shows it's on, is working on both my phones, and is 'connected' on my laptop but says... show more

Why is Chrome not charging?

4 answers · 2 weeks ago
Best answer: 1. Charge the gadget or the device, not the apps. 2. Opera. 3. Access point. 4. Mischievously 5. Dell

I want to have a direct internet connection in my room. There is already a modem in a different room in the house. If I bought a second modem and connected it to the coaxial cable outlet in my room would I be able to get internet on a device connected to it using an Ethernet cable?

I was banned on a website years ago but want to go back on it. By resetting my modem, I changed my public IP. Is that enough or do I need to use a VPN?

Router and modem problem?

6 answers · 3 weeks ago
Best answer: Hey, You are correct in your questioning. The Modem would get plugged into the WAN port on your router, and your computers/consoles/etc would get plugged into LAN. Usually the WAN port is the colored one to make identification easier, but are also labeled as WAN, then LAN is usually 1-4 (depending on how many... show more

Is my wifi bad?

8 answers · 3 weeks ago
i personally think my wifi sucks, i live in the uk, i have 9mb download and 0.5 upload, i’m with Sky?

Does Hell have wifi?

5 answers · 3 weeks ago

I've lived in a Motel 6 for almost 2 years now and I'm tired of their slow internet speeds. They've actually downgraded since about 11 months ago. They used to always advertise "High Speed Internet in all rooms", now they don't do that anymore strangely. The internet has always sucked but... show more